Re: CFengine on mobile machines?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: CFengine on mobile machines?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:23:03 +0100

"Wipf, Stefan" <Stefan.wipf@gs.com> writes:

> You might try anacron instead of cron.
> Better yet, run cfexecd in daemon mode (see documentation)

How does anacron know that the laptop is online?  Or rather, how do I
tell anacron to update the CFengine config when the laptop is online?

The same questions apply to cfexecd...

Of course, ideally, I'd like CFengine to update its config whenever
the network isn't urgently needed otherwise.  If I'm traveling and
plug in my laptop to quickly check my email, I don't want a lengthy
download of the newest cfengine config...  So does cfengine do ESP?

kai