Re: Eval'd class to detect installed packages...

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Eval'd class to detect installed packages...
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:52:20 +1000

This one time, at band camp, Phil D'Amore wrote:
>Trying to map these to generic land would be an interesting excercise.
>You could do 1:0:0:0 which would be nice for AIX to handle.  You could
>do 0:1.0:0:0 or something which the rpm-based and debian could probably
>handle.  For solaris, perhaps 1.0:0:0:1003010300, blah blah...

See http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-cfengine/2003-03/msg00118.html for
my design of the syntax.  The version and package names aren't mapped
between operating systems, its just a string as far as cfengine is
concerned, and it lets the called command work out how to interpret.  It's
left up to the cfengine program writer to decide what a correct value for
package and version are.

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg