Trying to use alerts, without sucess

From: Bob Langford
Subject: Trying to use alerts, without sucess
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:45:27 -0400

Hi, I'm trying to use the alerts action, to let me know
about some things that are done during the run.  I haven't been able to
get even the simplest file to work:

##############
control:
    actionsequence = ( copy alerts )

copy:
    /some/file  dest=/tmp/file  define=didcopy

alerts:
    didcopy::
        "Copied the file"

Whether the file is copied or not, I get the message
"Undefined action alerts in sequence"  and the alert message
is not printed.  What am I doing wrong?
(using cfengine 2.0.6 on Debian 3.0)

Thanks for any advice you can give!
--
Bob Langford,                   Silicon Masters Consulting, Inc.
langford@silicon-masters.com     http://www.silicon-masters.com/