RE: snprintf.c on OSF1 V4.0

From: Ferguson, Steve
Subject: RE: snprintf.c on OSF1 V4.0
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:00:25 -0400

I was able to find an alternate snprintf implementation and get it to work.
I couldn't find a native snprintf for OSF1 v4.0.  I may be missing a package
or something to get a native snprintf, but it's nothing I can locate.

Now however, I've hit another problem.  The native libdb.a is overriding the
BerkeleyDB libdb.a and I'm getting two unresolved symbols.  Strings-ing my
BerkeleyDB library, they're present.  Strings-ing the /usr/ccs/lib/libdb.a,
they're absent.

cc  -D_REENTRANT -pthread -g -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/include
-D_REENTRANT -pthread -g -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/include
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib    -o cfenvd  cfenvd.o
globals.o  filenames.o nameinfo.o classes.o  item.o item-ext.o item-file.o
eval.o wildcard.o df.o read.o  granules.o log.o popen.o  patches.o locks.o
init.o -L../pub -lpub  -ldb -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lcrypto -L../pub -lpub
-lpthread -lm
ld:
Unresolved:
db_create
db_strerror
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.

I haven't been able to figure out the right voodoo to get the BerkeleyDB
library to supersede the native one.  I've tried various reorderings of -L
options, but that hasn't helped.  I suppose I could rename the BerkeleyDB
archive library and change the build command line.  I'd prefer something
cleaner.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Steve