cfservd segfaulting?

From: Joseph Holland King
Subject: cfservd segfaulting?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:38:55 -0400

Currently im running redhat 8.0 with cfengine 2.0.7p3 and cfservd seems
to crash randomly. As far as I can tell its random, different intervals
from start up time, from a few hours to a few days, different times
during the day, and never with the same machine accessing it at the
time. It has the same configuration as a redhat 7.3 with cfengine 2.0.6
had that was extremely stable. When we originally moved it to 8.0 it
started to crash with 2.0.6 so we move it to 2.0.7 but with no luck. The
configuration hasn't been changed so there should be no reason for it to
crash randomly. According to non-forked verbose mode (the only way i
could get any information) it is segfaulting. any clues on to why this
is happening? anyway to get more information about the problem? thank
you.

--
Joseph Holland King
gte743n@mail.gatech.edu