Executing a file only on later passes

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Executing a file only on later passes
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:36:13 -0500

I have a file called cf.finish that performs some cleanup and notification tasks that I only want done absolutely dead last, so that all the other actions have a chance to set various classes. It is imported last from cfagent.conf.

Unfortunately, -d2 output shows that it executes before the second pass is performed for many of the other imported files. This causes cf.finish to miss a lot of things it needs to be able to see.

I don't see any kind of 'pass1' or 'pass2' hardclasses being set (which makes sense, as cfengine doesn't like to unset classes, making a 'pass flag' class unwieldy). So how should I do this? What method will safely guarantee that the contents of an imported file will only execute on the second pass?

Thanks,

-c

"I had a falling out with God.  I wanted the Cubs to win the World
Series and he wanted them to continue to suck." - Andy Richter