copy exclude

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: copy exclude
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:43:46 -0600

I'm having trouble excluding files during an update.conf recursive copy.
I'm attempting to exclude CVS control files. Here is my fragment:

copy:

    ${server_modules}
        dest=${client_modules}
        exclude=XXX
        r=inf
        mode=700
        type=checksum
        server=${policyhost}

To no avail, I have tried the following values for XXX:

  CVS
  *CVS*
  "*CVS*"
  ${server_modules}/CVS
  ${client_modules}/CVS

In the documentation it is written that "the names of files, or wildcards
which match files" are the proper value for this variable. Does this mean
non-directory files? Should I be using ignore rather than exclude? The
difference is not clear to me. Thanks in advance for any advice.

-- Brendan