Re: Other possible cfengine weak areas?

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Other possible cfengine weak areas?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:11:27 +1100

This one time, at band camp, Brendan Strejcek wrote:
>Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> I use a combination of processes: and shellcommands to check if the
>> daemon is running, and if not define a class to restart it and do a
>> chkconfig on.
>
>Why do you need shellcommands? processes seems to be enough for me.
>
>processes:
>
>    any::
>
>        "^root.*/usr/sbin/sshd$"
>            restart "/etc/init.d/ssh start"
>            syslog=on inform=on

I've got that, but I also have a shellcommand for things like reloading
after a config file got edited:

editfiles:

  { /etc/ssh/sshd_config
  }

processes:

  "sshd"
    restart "/sbin/service sshd restart"
    elsedefine=sshd_chkconfig

shellcommands:

  sshd_restart::

    "/sbin/service sshd restart" useshell=false

  sshd_chkconfig::

    "/sbin/chkconfig sshd on" useshell=false

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg