newbie question...

From: HAYESE
Subject: newbie question...
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:54:52 -0500

We have several hundred UNIX servers to keep in sync - pkgs/patches, and of
course, we want to try and make quarterly touches/update, etc. We have only
recently discovered Cfengine, and are wondering if anyone has any examples
that would gather (to start with) this kind of information. We need a
report of the differences from a "standard" - if that makes since!

I have compiled 2.1.3 on a Solaris9 system, and have a bare minimum
cfagent.conf file. So I'm really a newbie.

Thank for any help...EDH