Re: method to check for package installation

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: method to check for package installation
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:43:05 -0600

Instead of a long list of conditional shellcommands, we pass the
ALLCLASSES variable to a short perl script.  The classes we define if an
rpm isn't installed begin with 'needs_', the rpm names that follow are
gathered and passed to yum.  It's working well, but should, and will be
soon, rewritten as a module.

-Ed