Re: Using nawk with cfengine

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: Re: Using nawk with cfengine
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:31:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, DRANSUTAVICIUS, CLAUDIO wrote:

control:
   FindDomain = ( ExecResult(/usr/bin/nawk '/domain/ { print toupper
($2) }' /etc/resolv.conf) )

(Sorry for the late response; I've been out of town.)

As has been discovered, there is a bug in how cfengine parses strings. I have a patch that I think fixes it, but I have only been able to test it on my configs and so have not submitted it back to Mark. Hmm, I seem to have lost the actual patch, though.

I'll recreate the patch this week and send it to the list.

--
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.