Re: contexts and variables

From: Oyvind Gronnesby
Subject: Re: contexts and variables
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:05:49 +0200

* Mark Burgess

| this is not possible, alas. The contexts are only different
| private workspaces on a single host. If you want to discover
| information from another host, you need to copy it as data
| or perform a remote method invocation - but that is probably
| more complicated than you want.

Hm, then it's still not clear to me exactly what a context is.  Is it
just a namespace that I can make for my variables with whatever names
or are they in some way connected to classes and their definitions?

It would be a really neat feature if I could access a variable based
on which classes are defined with a syntax like that (without actually
setting the classes, just accessing values based on a `what if'
scenario).  Feature for next release?  :-)

--
Øyvind Grønnesby