Monitor ctime on directory

From: Andreas Falck
Subject: Monitor ctime on directory
Date: 5 Aug 2004 06:46:57 -0700

Hi,

I would like to monitor a directory with respect to changes.  The
directory is supposed to receive files regularly on incoming ftp, and
(I assume) that when the directory's ctime gets old (e.g. >1hr),
something is wrong.  How do I express this in cfengine?

Using perl, I would write something like below, but I would prefer
using a pure cfengine expression if possible.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
my $dir = "/tmp/incoming";
my $lim = 60*60;
my $ctime = (stat($dir))[10];
my $diff = time() - $ctime;
print STDERR "warning: ".$dir." not changed last ".$lim." seconds\n"
if ($diff > $lim);
__END__

--
Andreas