Illegal instruction on cfagent run

From: Steverson Scott
Subject: Illegal instruction on cfagent run
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:53:24 -0500

I am experiencing problems with the latest release of cfengine's agent on
AIX 5.1 and 5.2.  Cfengine was compiled using GCC 3.3.3, bison , and flex.
It occurs during the copy phase of our configuration.  It also appears that
the source is being corrupted.

This was introduced in 2.1.8 and is continuing in 2.1.9.  The following is
the abridged output of the condition.  Is anyone else experiencing this
issue?

 Main Tree Sched: copy pass 1 @ Wed Aug 11 12:35:01 2004

Checking copy from
localhost:/export/cfengine/files/aix/etc/syslog.conf.server to
/etc/syslog.conf
cfengine: image exists but destination type is silly (file/dir/link doesn't
match)
cfengine: source=, dest=/etc/syslog.conf
Illegal instruction