Re: Compiling cfengine on AIX 5.1

From: Robert Uhl
Subject: Re: Compiling cfengine on AIX 5.1
Date: 17 Aug 2004 16:37:03 -0600

Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan@stud.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> my quick guess is that you need gnu yacc.

Well, I discovered that /opt/freeware/bin/yacc exists, and is part of
the bison package, so I set my
PATH=/opt/freeware/bin:/usr/linux/bin:$PATH, ran make distclean &&
./configure && make and got this error:

/bin/sh ../ylwrap cfparse.y y.tab.c cfparse.c y.tab.h cfparse.h y.output
cfparse.output -- bison -y  -d
got /home/ruhl/cfengine-2\.1\.10/src/

I should note that this is actually the second time I've tried to
compile on AIX.  The last time I kept on getting more and more obtuse
errors (culminating in an odd one from ld[1]); I figured that this time
I might go about things the correct way, and ask the mailing list which
tools I should install.

I'm sure that there's a way for cfengine to compile cleanly--hints would
be most welcome:-)

[1] this is the error I get, having installed GNU m4, GNU binutils & GNU
make in addition to the db, GNU bison and GCC which make up the above
issue:

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .log
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

--
Robert Uhl <ruhl@4dv.net>
We should talk a backhoe manufacturer into building an ultra-high-tech