Pipes in ExecResult()

From: David E. Nelson
Subject: Pipes in ExecResult()
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:23:15 -0500 (CDT)

Hi All,

I'm trying the following to determine the default gateway for Solaris and Linux boxes:

control:

DefaultGateway = ExecResult(/bin/netstat -rn | grep UG | awk '{ print $2 }')

and I'm getting syntax errors. If I use quotes, I get an error msg stating that the path must be absolute. Do I need to write a module to do this?

Thanks,
         /\/elson

--
~~ ** ~~  If you didn't learn anything when you broke it the 1st ~~ ** ~~
                        time, then break it again.