Re: cfengine config files location

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: cfengine config files location
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:57:08 -0500

On Thursday 23 September 2004 22:14, Tim Nelson wrote:

>       Can I suggest that we have a cfengine-base-config package?  Yes,
> I'm already aware of the examples, and these are good, but I'm more
> talking about an empty framework for configuration.

> It'd also be nice to
> have an extension that indicates what kind of files they are, instead of a
> prefix.  I'd suggest .cfa (for .cfagent, which AFAIK is the interpreter).

I think most folks use a 'cf.' prefix for imported config files and a '.conf'
for configs that the agent itself knows to look for.

A cfengine suffix would be nice from a syntax-highlighting standpoint too.  I
would assert that it is important to make such an animal optional.

I'd also recommend a different suffix for the cfservd.conf file, if we are
going to do this (as cfa seems to imply cfAgent).

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator