Re: cfengine config files location

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Re: cfengine config files location
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:50:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Will Lowe wrote:

> > So all the stuff currently in /var/cfengine pretty much
> > belongs there (input/output cache/logs and the like), but the master
> > configuration belongs in /etc.
>
> Probably though, if FHS compliance is what you're after, the lock
> databases belong in /var/lib/cfengine, the downloaded config files
> belong in /var/cache/cfengine ... rather than all in one large
> /var/cfengine directory.

A somewhat offtopic question.

Is the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard applicable to anything other than
linux?    Will SUN move towards FHS compliance with Solaris?    Will a BSD
release move towards FHS compliance?

It would be nice in my opinion if the Hierarchy was standardized across
platforms.   Please don't ever make me use /usr/home though :)

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy@chartermi.net
906-475-0107 ext 1040