Re: providing custom actions

From: martin f krafft
Subject: Re: providing custom actions
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:00:00 +0100

also sprach Phil D'Amore <damorep@redhat.com> [2004.10.31.0219 +0200]:
> I'm not sure how it would fit in to all of the dpkg manipulation
> you speak of, but I have been sitting on a patch for 2.1.10-ish
> that adds an action= argument to packages: actions.

Oh, nice!

> Right now it supports an install action pretty fully.  I added the
> framework for a remove action, but have not really implemented it
> yet, because the nuances of dealing with deps on a package remove
> operation can be more complex and order sensitive.

For Debian, we'd just use APT instead of dpkg, which just gets it
right. So all I really need is a way to call a programme with a list
of parameters.

It will be a while before I can inspect your patch.

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

"imagination is a quality given a man
 to compensate him for what he is not,
 and a sense of humour was provided