Importing Paths into Cfengine Environment

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Importing Paths into Cfengine Environment
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:22:44 -0500 (EST)

Periodically I find it necessary to install packages via
shellcommands on debian hosts.   When I do so I get the following errors.

/bin/dpkg --co: dpkg: `ldconfig' not found on PATH.
/bin/dpkg --co: dpkg: `start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH
/bin/dpkg --co: dpkg: `install-info' not found on PATH
/bin/dpkg --co: dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH
/bin/dpkg --co: dpkg: 4 expected program(s) not found on PATH.

I understand that cfengine is cleaning out the ENVIRONMENT and requiring
absolute pathnames for security purposes.    Unfortunately in package
installations the paths are coming from the package and not from cfengine,
is there any way that I can tell cfengine what those paths should be so
that when a package install is done from cfengine I don't get these
errors?

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy@chartermi.net