Re: Parrot, cfengine, and embedded languages

From: Pe5kyTac0
Subject: Re: Parrot, cfengine, and embedded languages
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:05:41 -0800

> I haven't seen any discussion about this with Ruby.  The others are new,
> too - I thought this was a Perl6 thing.

While this is a bit off-topic from cfengine, it should be answered for archive sake. Parrot started as a Perl 6 VM, but then a Larry Wall decided to play an April Fool prank and announce that Python and Perl were going to merge (something close to this). Then after the prank, they realized that the goals of Parrot could work as a VM for many scripting lanuages. This happened at the begining of Parrot dev. so it really is not anything new.
See the following link for more details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrot_virtual_machine

Pe5kyTac0