Re: Keeping up with the distros....

From: Wil Cooley
Subject: Re: Keeping up with the distros....
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:01:04 +0000 (UTC)

On 2005-01-13, Jim Wight <j.k.wight@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 17:31, Wil Cooley wrote:
>> >
>> > Interesting.  We would have to implement our own version of this though
>> > right?
>>
>> The idea I had was to implement this in a module, but I discovered that
>> modules are processed too late in the game to be generally useful.
>
> What about PrepModule? Would it not be early enough?
>
> PrepModule(module,arg1 arg2...)
>         True if the named module exists and can be executed. The module
>         is assumed to follow the standard programming interface for
>         modules (see Writing plugin modules in tutorial). Unlike
>         actionsequence modules, these modules are evaluated immediately
>         on parsing. Note that the module should be specified relative to
>         the authorized module directory.

Well, maybe I didn't look hard enough.  I have to admit I haven't really
found a use for modules yet or maybe I just haven't grokked them.  Given
Mark's input, it sounds like this might be a reasonable approach to
making the OS detection more flexible.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *