Re: Mandrake 10.1 patch resubmission

From: Guillaume Rousse
Subject: Re: Mandrake 10.1 patch resubmission
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:25:10 +0100

Chip Seraphine wrote:
I'm looking for any kind of mandrake that uses the "new" token introduced in 10.1. We don't want to put "Mandrakelinux release 10.1" in there, because then we'd have no chance of future compatability-- we'd like to not have to patch misc.c every Mandrake release if we can avoid it.
Then you have to parse the /etc/mandrakelinux-release file instead, /etc/mandrake-release is just a compatiblity symlink that won't stay indefinitly.

--
Eighty percent of the final exam will be based on the one lecture you missed about the one book you didn't read.
        -- Laws of Applied Terror n°3