Re: Editfiles - insert long lines with insertfiles problem

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: Re: Editfiles - insert long lines with insertfiles problem
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:17:07 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Arkadi Colson wrote:

> I have the following situation...
>
> I'm using insertfile with editfiles and the strange thing is that after 4960
> charaters (of a single line) cfengine breaks the line and continues with a new
> line...
> Because the goal is using it for /etc/group, which has a big group (more then
> 4960 charaters), I can't use it because of the new line.

Maybe you mean 4096? That is the max line length that insertfile
will read from input. You could change this in the code (either redefine
CF_BUFSIZE globally or change the InsertFileAfter() function in item-file.c

I would not really recommend this though.  One workaround is to have multiple
group lines with the same GID. Or you could set everyone's primary group
in /etc/passwd to the big group, that way you don't have to enumerate the
members in /etc/group.

--

 - Eric Sorenson - Explosive Networking - http://eric.explosive.net -