Re: Multiple log files?

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: Re: Multiple log files?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:54:33 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Robert Shaw wrote:

> I am running with cfexecd in daemon mode, so cfagent is getting called every
> hour from it. If you notice in the output, the hostname is blank (note: the
> double ':' after cfengine). The log file that is created is also missing the
> host name:  cfengine..runlog. So it looks like the host is not getting defined
> properly for the log file name and log line outputs. If I enable Syslog
> output, it looks like this:

This is most likely due to the reentrancy problem in CanonifyName that
I posted about earlier in the week. Those filenames get created by the
CFLOG macro in GetLocks(); the 'host' is passed into the
function as its second argument, and everybody who calls GetLock() uses
CanonifyName() as it's passing in the arguments  (thanks, cscope!!)...
This could return the same thing as last time it was called, nothing,
or someimees the correct answer.

Just for kicks, do you have a testbed environment where you can try out
this patch and see if it fixes the problem?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-cfengine/2005-01/msg00012.html

--

 - Eric Sorenson - Explosive Networking - http://eric.explosive.net -