cfengine - file copy

From: Sebastian Bickel
Subject: cfengine - file copy
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:43:52 +0100 (MET)

Hello list,

I have some qustions about using cfengine.

1.) The first question is how to copy files?

Actually I have the following status:

cfservd is working
cfagent works (update.conf) - it is confgured to collect the latest
configuration files, which is working well!

Confguration file cfagent.conf:
import:

    any::      cf.all

    linux:::   cf.linux

Configuration file cf.all:
control:

  site     = ( festo )
  domain   = ( festo.net )
  sysadm   = ( sbic@festo.com )
  smtpserver = ( adelns01.de.festo.net )
  netmask  = ( 255.255.255.0 )
  timezone = ( GMT )
  nfstype  = ( nfs )

  sensiblesize  = ( 1000 )
  sensiblecount = ( 2 )
  editfilesize  = ( 4000 )

##  actionsequence =
#     (
#     links.some
#     mountall
#     links.others
#     files
#     )
#
#  myvariable = ( something )
#  mymacro    = ( somethingelse )
#

Configuation file linux.cf
------------------------------------
control:
        actionsequence = ( copy )
        filedir = ( /var/cfengine/server/config )
        sysadm = ( sbic@festo.com )

import:
        any::
                cf.nomoretrust
        linux::
                 settings/applications/browser/firefox/cf.firefox
#                cf.linux.hosts
#                cf.linux.apt
#                cf.linux.ssh
#                cf.linux.autofs
#                cf.linux.inetd
#                cf.linux.mozilla
#                cf.linux.cron
#                cf.linux.x11

settings/applications/browser/firefox/cf.firefox
copy:
        all::
           $(cfinput)/settings/applications/browser/firefox/suse_92_prefs.js
dest=/opt/MozillaFireFox/lib/defaults/profiles/pref.js backup=true
owner=root group=root mode=0744 verify=true

           /etc/passwd dest=/tmp/etc_passwd backup=true owner=root group=root
mode=0744 verify=true

prefs.js is in the same directory like cf.firefox, the file ist copied, but
not installed to the directory what is wrong?

2.) How can I make sure, that my onfiguration is always updated if I running
cfengine for tst purposes?

--
E-Mail von Seb.ADIO@gmx.d

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail