Re: cfengine rsa heap remote exploit: part of PTjob project (fwd)

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: cfengine rsa heap remote exploit: part of PTjob project (fwd)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:03:49 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 rader@ginseng.hep.wisc.edu wrote:

I should have done a little research before my wasting time on this:
it appears that this exploit was attended to back in August of 2004.

It is (indeed) unfortunate that this was brought up again--not only
because it scared people--but also because the exploit requires
access to a trusted system.

Apologies. I presumed it was an old bug, but I hadn't seen an exploit for it yet, and assumed that people would want to be aware that such existed.

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator

"Your Business, Your Web, Your Control"