cfservd connections are not cleaned up.

From: Michael Hustler
Subject: cfservd connections are not cleaned up.
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:18:56 -0700

I am using cfengine 2.1.9 on sles 9.

If a client node goes down abruptly (or the connection is abruptly severed in some other way) while it has a cfagent -> cfservd connection, cfservd will continue a blocking read on that connection indefinitely. It is never cleaned up.

Should cfservd be using SO_TIMEOUT when creating that socket, I see that it is not.

Is this a known problem or are there some configuration options that I should be using.

thanks,
mike.