cfexecd -D / rule pruning

From: Martin, Jason H
Subject: cfexecd -D / rule pruning
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:59:20 -0700

Is there any particular reason that cfexecd doesn't allow arbitrary flags to be passed to cfagent?  cfrun lets you do a "-- -D someclass" to pass arguments to cfagent, but this doesn't work for cfexecd. I need to do this as I want to run a set of rules once per directory on a given host, and there is no way to iterate most cfe rules over a given set of destinations.  Instead, I am iterating CFE entirely over that set of directories.

I need to define a class with the name of the directory. I would do it via a module except that the directory name is not known at rule-writing time, so CFE is pruning away all of the rules for the class before the module runs.

Another way to approach the problem is to ask if it is possible to disable the pruning of rules at parse time.  The effect would be similar to adding every possible class to AddInstallable.

Thank you,
-Jason Martin