Re: absolute path errors in 2.1.16

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: absolute path errors in 2.1.16
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:53:38 -0500

Mark Burgess wrote:

You both need to give decent error reports. I don't have any trouble
with this. Give me an example. Nothing much has changed in the code, so
it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sorry, I was working on getting that together, but I wanted to go ahead and get the word out asap.

Basically, in places where I did this:

   control:
      foo= ( /path/to/bin )
      bar= ( /path/to/data )
      result= ( ExecResult(${foo}/command ${bar}/file) )

... resulted in things not expanding to "/path/to/bin/command /path/to/file". I have not actually tried the example above, although I will once I get some fires put out.
Anyway, here's some -I output showing the funky expansions:

monaco: Executing script /var/cfengine/bin/update-smf-manifest clearingd cfengine/clearingd.smf.xml cfengine/log/smf-update.last...(timeout=0,uid=-1,gid=-1) monaco:f-manifest clea: /var/cfengine/bin/update-smf-manifest: cfengine/log/smf-update.last: cannot create monaco: Finished script /var/cfengine/bin/update-smf-manifest clearingd cfengine/clearingd.smf.xml cfengine/log/smf-update.last

Reinstalling 2.1.15 with no changes whatsoever to the configs or anything else, I got this:

monaco: Executing script /var/cfengine/bin/update-smf-manifest clearingd /opt/tradelink/clearingd/etc/clearingd.smf.xml /var/opt/clearingd/log/smf-update.last...(timeout=0,uid=-1,gid=-1) monaco: Finished script /var/cfengine/bin/update-smf-manifest clearingd /opt/tradelink/clearingd/etc/clearingd.smf.xml /var/opt/clearingd/log/smf-update.last

As you can see, the "/opt/tradelink/clearingd/etc/clearingd.smf.xml" somehow expanded as "cfengine/clearingd.smf.xml", and "/var/opt/clearingd/log/smf-update.last" became "cfengine/log/smf-update.last".

I have not yet done proper debug runs; I'm tied up on damage control right now (this broke a lot of my stuff). I saw nothing like this on my test boxes, although I can't say whether that was because I wasn't looking carefully enough or because it didn't happen on them.