Re: Tiered admins with cfengine

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: Tiered admins with cfengine
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:50:33 -0500

Mark Burgess wrote:

> The way to inherit things is to use overridable "includes". One way
> to organize the permissions is to use CVS or subversion and put the
> different files in different projects so that one needs permission to
> edit them.

Be careful with this. If someone edits an included file such that it
fails to parse, it will break the entire config. So, if you decide to
go that route I would suggest using some sort of hook in your version
control system to only accept "well formed" commits. You can use
"cfagent -p" for that (check the return code).

Best,
Brendan

--
Senior System Administrator