Re: Cfengine using ssh

From: Marco van Beek
Subject: Re: Cfengine using ssh
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:07:31 +0000

The only thing I can think of is whether it will confuse the AllowConnectionsFrom and TrustKeysFrom settings as the cfengine connections will probably all show as coming from the ssh server, rather than the cfagent client, and you may have to use AllowMultipleConnectionsFrom to get around that.

Regards,

Marco

Pletan, Ray wrote:
I finally got cfengine working over an ssh tunnel, but . . . If anyone has experience (or just opinions) with this technique, why would I NOT want to use it? I am trying to justify not using it and asking security to open up a firewall port. Thanks,

*/Ray Pletan/*

Marco van Beek
Supporting Role Ltd / Forget About IT Ltd.
Grove Park Studios,
188-192 Sutton Court Rd,
London, W4 3HR
T: 0870 757 2824 / 0870 757 2924