Re: ANNOYING Key Trust Issue. help.

From: Edward F. Brown
Subject: Re: ANNOYING Key Trust Issue. help.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:22:12 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, November 23, 2005 4:51 pm, Adam M. Dunn said:

> Hi all.  Don't you hate it when you get hung up on the most basic
> basic problem...  I've been using cfengine for quite a while, and am in
> the process of setting all back up on a new network with new servers and
> everything

Even for the experienced user, and especially when there are problems,
it's useful to approach a new setup in steps.  Starting with cfrun is
starting pretty complicated: for example, you've got two cfservds (and
cfservd.conf's, and cfservd outputs, etc) to consider, and multiple key
exchanges...  For someone trying to follow along, it's also much harder.

First step I think would be to get cfagent on lucy talking to cfservd on
lucy.  Then, cfagent on snake talking to cfservd on lucy, which is the
main thing really.  Finally, executing cfagent on snake via cfrun on lucy.

What happens when you run cfagent on snake?  Could you post the debug
output from both ends in that situation?

-Ed