Re: "tidy" not deleting files from the future

From: Paul Krizak
Subject: Re: "tidy" not deleting files from the future
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:57:24 -0600

yeah that's not exactly what I'm looking for either. It doesn't scale at all for large groups of files, nevermind big trees of stuff (for example, we delete /usr/local, all of it, during install). Usually when we need to do a true "force" of a delete, we just do a shellcommand of rm -f, and let it keep trying to delete the missing files forever.

I'd much rather use tidy in all situations, however.

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, TX  78741
Linux/Unix Systems Engineering      Phone: (512) 602-8775
Microprocessor Solutions Sector

Brendan Strejcek wrote:
Paul Krizak wrote:

Is there some way to tell cfengine, "Irregardless of anything about
the file except for its existence, please delete this file"? I don't
see anything like a "force" in the documentation.

I know this is probably not what you are looking for, but I like it
because it is concentually simpler.

    classes:
        foo_exists = ( FileExists(/path/to/foo) )
shellcommands:
        foo_exists::
            "/bin/rm -f /path/to/foo"

Best,