Re: Problems configuring cfengine 2.1.17 on Solaris10

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: Problems configuring cfengine 2.1.17 on Solaris10
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:32:30 -0600

Kurt Reimer wrote:

> Does the cfexecd program need to use any code from the BerkeleyDB
> libraries in order to act as a wrapper for launching cfagent or
> other cfengine programs? If it does and these libraries are in a
> non-standard place, then cfexecd would not be able to tell itself
> about that non-standard location via its "-L" switch. I think that's
> what Dave means by "cfexecd -L isn't useful", though I'm not prepared
> to agree at this point, not having walked through the source.

Even if it does, you can always create a wrapper script:

    #!/bin/sh

    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/foo/bar; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /path/to/cfexecd
    # Or whatever...

So I don't think this is a big deal. If you control the machine enough
to get cfexecd on there in the first place, you also control it enough
to create any environment that cfexecd needs.

Best,
Brendan

--
Senior System Administrator