Re: Problems configuring cfengine 2.1.17 on Solaris10

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Problems configuring cfengine 2.1.17 on Solaris10
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:59:35 +0000

[Attempting to post onto Cc:d lists that bounced my reply.]

PRATYUSH PAUL <ppaul28@yahoo.com> writes:

>   Or the other route is package BerkeleyDB seperately and use it as
>   a pre-requisite when installing cfengine.

The blastwave.org cfengine/db/ssl package combination actually caused
me trouble for reasons I forget.  Whatever, you have to take care with
a library in a non-standard place (which must be a local directory).

The real solution is to use a system like Debian universally, which
somewhat reduces the need for something like cfengine anyway.