Re: permissions for /var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf

From: PAUL WILLIAMSON
Subject: Re: permissions for /var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:39:15 -0500

>>> "Glen Gunselman" <Gunselmg@emporia.edu> 01/19/06 10:38 AM >>>
>
> I see the permissions for /var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf are
> not the same for all my servers (see below).
>
> What are the correct permissions for
> /var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf?
>
> All the servers are Solaris 9 except hal.  hal is RedHat and is
> the cfengine master.
> drteeth  -rwx------
> janice -rwx------
> zoot -rwx------
> animal -rwx------
> gonzo -rwx------
> misspiggy -rwx------
> kermit -rwx------
> rizzo -rwx------
> sweetums -rwx------
> robin -rwx------
> scooter -rw-r-----
> beaker -rwx------
> fozzie -rw-r-----
> honeydew -rwx------
> hal -rw-------

Did Jim Henson go to Emporia or something?

Anyway, what does the stanza in your update.conf (or wherever
you tell cfengine to grab the cfagent.conf file) look like?

Are you specifically copying it?  I'm copying everything in my
masterfiles/inputs directory like so:

        $(master_cfinput)       dest=$(workdir)/inputs
                                r=inf
                                mode=700
                                type=binary
                                exclude=*.lst
                                exclude=*~
                                exclude=#*
                                server=$(policyhost)
                                trustkey=true

master_cfinput and workdir are defined earlier in the script.

Paul