cfagent return codes

From: Jason Edgecombe
Subject: cfagent return codes
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:30:59 -0500

Hi there,

This goes along with my Mac package project, but I've noticed that cfengine returns with an exit code of 0 when the host keys don't match.

Does cfagent or others return any useful error codes upon failure? There seems to be nothing in the documentation about return codes.

If not, I'd like to put my vote in for having the cfengine tools return a non-zero exit code when there are problems.

I think I'll be able work around this, but it was unexpected behavior. BTW, I'm running cfengine 2.1.13. Is this fixed in later versions?

Thanks,
Jason