Upgrading from 2.1.13 to 2.1.18

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Upgrading from 2.1.13 to 2.1.18
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:42:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi Folks:

On cfwiki there is a mention of a an incompatible network protocol exchange between 2.1.14 and 2.1.15. I'd like to upgrade my hosts from 2.1.13, but I'm not going to be able to do them all at once. Is it fair to say that the procedure should be upgrade cfservd hosts to 2.1.18 and that 2.1.13 clients will be able to talk to 2.1.18 cfservd hosts? Or do I have to upgrade them all? Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but I was unable to get a 2.1.17 client to talk to a 2.1.13 server so I want to make sure my bases are covered, so I can come up with a plan. Has anyone had problems going from earlier 2.1.14 release to the later 2.1.15 releases or am I misinterpreting something?

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
608.826.1464