Re: difficulties communicating between cfengine hosts (still)

From: paul beard
Subject: Re: difficulties communicating between cfengine hosts (still)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:43:48 -0800

On Feb 14, 2006, at 5:04 PM, David E. Nelson wrote:

I'd encourage you to not give up. Because when you get it to work, it's a FANTASTIC toolbox (IMHO of course ;).

Not giving up, just taking a break ;-)

I first heard about cfengine in 1999 or so when I worked in the web operations group at CNN.com. It sounded like a great approach to the problems we faced at the time. Then I left to join a startup on the West coast, and took the cfengine religion with me, but we never got to a stable enough footing to put it to use (you'd think it would be a challenge to burn through $10MM in 10 months, but it went pretty fast). Now, after a few years off, I am again working on the operations end of a startup and when 20+ machines get dropped into the mix, all needing some TLC, with more projected, cfengine looks like a great asset.

So I'm not beaten. Just biding my time for another attempt.

Thanks for the support.
--
Paul Beard
contact info: www.paulbeard.org/paulbeard.vcf

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?