help-debbugs

Re: Searching bugs before filing new ones

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Searching bugs before filing new ones
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:05:24 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

>> It would be great if M-x report-emacs-bug would query for "Bug keywords"
>> first (e.g., tty cursor column), then somehow query the bug database and
>> show a buffer with possibly related bug subjects including links to the
>> bugtracker.  Then a user should be able to either say "nope, I have a
>> different bug" and file a new one, or attach to one of the listed bugs.
>
> If you think that would be great, maybe you would like to write it.

It would help, if the debbugs soap interface accepts queries for bug
subjects. Bug keywords can be queried already, but the keywords used so
far are (fixed notabug wontfix unreproducible moreinfo patch) - not so
useful for the given case.

Another query is possible for package names - here we have (emacs21
automake debbugs.gnu.org aquamacs emacs22 gnus notemacs cc-mode
coreutils w32 org-mode ns emacs). Hmm.

Best regards, Michael.