help-debbugs

Re: Debbugs authors not receiving emails unless CC'ed

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Debbugs authors not receiving emails unless CC'ed
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 07:29:34 -0400

Kaushal Modi wrote:

> created bug#27647, shouldn't I receive an email if anyone emailed
> address@hidden

No, that's not how it works.
Just like this mailing list, and all other GNU mailing lists, have no
concept of per-thread subscription.
Reply-to-all is the right thing to do. I don't know why some people have
an issue with this.

> I have seen that to happen in bug#28688[2] where also I am the bug
> author. I just happened to see the reply on debbugs.gnu.org; the reply
> never reached my inbox.

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28688#14

says "[cc dropped]". Someone explicitly removed the cc list. I have no
idea why they would do that and expect any other outcome.

> Is this is bug?

The system is working as designed, and as documented in Emacs's
admin/notes/bugtracker.

For the wishlist improvement report, see https://debbugs.gnu.org/5439