scaning from memory

From: alexandre.gouraud
Subject: scaning from memory
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:29:15 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to write a parser with flex/bison scaning strings
in memory, but I can't make it work. I am pretty sure it's a
common way of using flex, but I didn't find any example on the
web. (I have read the manual, of course). I have found several
times this question, but no answer.
I don't know where to put the yy_scan_string() statement. I
use the <<EOF>> rule as last rule. And I have also modified
the prototype of the yylex function with
#define YY_DECL int yylex(YYSTYPE *lvalp,char *name)

where name is the string I want to parse.

If you have examples that I could reuse, it would be really
helpfull.

I hope I am using this mailing list correctly.

Thanks,

Alexandre.