Re: flex and non-standard architectures

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: flex and non-standard architectures
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:55:29 -0400

> I vote to remove it. A modification that makes your job easier, and the
> distribution cleaner is a clear win. The misc/ stuff was included before flex
> had the advantage of autotools, correct?

The bulk of the misc/ files appear to have originiated quite a long
time ago. and yes, these days, autofoo takes care of quite a lot of
those issues.

> Also, the tests/ directory does not need to be included in 'make dist', since
> it is really a developer test suite. It should remain in the source tree,
> though.

Hmm, but many developers will start out with a release of flex. I'm
figuring out how to make the test suite easier to include in the
distribution.

--Will