flex beta version 2.5.15

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: flex beta version 2.5.15
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:01:24 -0400

Hi all,

flex, version 2.5.15 has been put at:

ftp://ftp.uncg.edu/people/wlestes/

A number of things should be better now, thanks, once again, to John
Millaway. You'll have trouble using the -+ option to build c++
scanners, but we know this. For an interim fix, try using the %option
reentrant c scanner compiled as c++. Other than the c++ issue, we're
ready for an official release. Feedback requested and appreciated.

Here are the NEWS file entries:

* version 2.5.15 released 2002-8-21

** reject-state buffer is now dynamically allocated and REJECT buffer
   variables are reentrant-safe

** manual now discusses memory usage

** skeleton now processed by m4 before mkskel.sh; (this only matters
   if you want to change the skeleton or if you're doing flex development)

** zh_cn translation added from translation project

** a bug that caused a segfault has now been fixed

** the test suite now respects the usual CFLAGS, etc. variables

** removed some warnings which some tests trigggered with the -s option

** the flex-generated header file now tries to be smarter about
   conditionally including start conditions

** tables code omitted from generated scanner when not used

--
Will Estes
Unix Systems Programmer