Re: flex beta version 2.5.15

From: Bruce Lilly
Subject: Re: flex beta version 2.5.15
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:11:46 -0400

W. L. Estes wrote:

A number of things should be better now, thanks, once again, to John
Millaway. You'll have trouble using the -+ option to build c++
scanners, but we know this. For an interim fix, try using the %option
reentrant c scanner compiled as c++. Other than the c++ issue, we're
ready for an official release. Feedback requested and appreciated.

There is still an issue with %option header (see below), and there
are almost certainly configure issues on some platforms (I'll test
later today).

%option header #defines yylval and then #undef's it, both of which
conflict with the yylval #defined in a bison-generated parser when
bison generates a pure parser.  John knows about this.  An interim
workaround is to filter the generated header through
egrep -v "yylval[^p]"

Best regards,
  Bruce Lilly