unicode patched flex crashes on win32

From: Michael Pujos
Subject: unicode patched flex crashes on win32
Date: 24 Aug 2002 16:16:06 +0200

I have problem with unicode flex. I got flex 2.5.4 and applied the
unicode patch and compiled it. it always crashes generating a stack
overflow with both version compiled cygwin and VC++ 6.0.
I remember reading somewhere that the unicode version needed a huge
stack (about 4Mb, the default allocated by the compiler is 1Mb) but the
VC++ version use the /stack 8000 passed to the linker (8Mb) and it still
crashes.I tried the --stack option of ld under cygwin and it does not
fix the pbm too. btw i tried also 2.5.4a patched and it crashes too.

So if anyone has a solution or can send me binaries and or patched
sources that work i would be very grateful. There must be someone on
earth that use unicode flex =)