Multiple C++ scanners

From: Tony Weaver
Subject: Multiple C++ scanners
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:18:44 -0400

        I have gone through the old e-mails and found very little useful
information about combining multiple C++ flex scanners.  I know the
documentation says to use #undef statements but that did not help
Originally I was using flex 2.5.4 since there was a Win32 port and I am
trying to combine these in a VC++ project. I am downloading some of the more
recent BETA releases which I will install in a Unix environment and then
copy the generated flex files over to my PC.  However, I am wondering if
these newer versions offer cleaner C++ scanners (created using %option C++)?
Is there anything I should know that might make implementation easier?
Thanks for the help.

Tony