Re: 2.5.4 or 2.5.25?

From: John Millaway
Subject: Re: 2.5.4 or 2.5.25?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 15:56:49 -0500 (EST)

> I'm preparing flex package for SourceMage GNU/Linux.
> Then, I see flex package on gnu-mirror site 2.5.4a is old. and 2.5.25 is
> latest one.
>
> But, Redhat and Mandrake ( and maybe others ) use 2.5.4a.
> So, many other programs seem depend on flex-2.5.4a.
>
> You may recommand 2.5.25.
> Are there any problems related to defferences between then?
>
> # I failed to compile a program (umbrello) depends on flex-2.5.4a with 2.5.25.

I was able to compile umbrello-1.1-rc1 (stable) with flex-2.5.25 by
fixing a bug in umbrello-1.1rc1/uml/classparser/tokenizer.l in which
there was no declaration of `yywrap'. In C, this is ok, but C++
disallows implicit declarations. The fix, which is in the FAQ (in the
flex manual), and which can be found by searching for `yywrap' in the
flex manual, is to specify %option noyywrap (or --noyywrap). -John