Re: Support for lex -e (EUC Support)

From: T Lee
Subject: Re: Support for lex -e (EUC Support)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:39:08 -0400

Hi --

The man pages on Sun states that the -e option does the following:

    -e    Generate a program  that  can  handle  EUC  characters
          (cannot  be  used  with the -w option). yytext[] is of
          type unsigned char[].

I did a 'sdiff -s' of lex with and without -e. It seems that with the -
e option, lex generates more code.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you
more than what the man page. Let me know if you want me to send you the
source lex file and output from lex and lex -e.

Much Thanks,
Tim